Sunday, August 19, 2012

A new adventure

Hiking at Mt. Charleston
I have decided to join the blogging world! 

This is a huge step for me, well, because, I am really not the one to consistently update a profile. However, I feel like blogging is an opportunity to easily communicate with people.
 I have recently become a RD.  For those of you who do not know what those initials stand for,  RD= Registered Dietitian. RDs are very different from nutritionists, dietary personnel and even dietitians. Later, I will explain just what RDs do! 
 Other than my career, I have a wonderful boyfriend, 4 cats (yes, I said 4) and the newest addition to my little family....a guinea pig! Yes, my friends and family think that I am the "crazy cat lady," however, in my defense, I am not single!

The reason I started this blog is to feature different nutritional tid-bits, recipes, easy diet changes, and much more about food, nutrition, and wellness. Also, to get you excited about food! I feel that "we" have become so concerned with calories, fat, carbs and losing weight, that food has become an enemy rather than a fun, creative, exciting friend! 
 
I tell all my patients to "make grocery shopping, cooking, and diet changes fun!" I say get creative and go try that crazy looking, brown, hairy thing in the produce section! 

Make it an activity, not a chore!

1 comment: